CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

My job

Wow! I'm back to bitch more about myself! I'm too full of myself lately! Haha! I don't know why so don't ask!

Anyway, today I'm gonna talk about my job! JOB people! Yes! I'm working!

Started for nearly a week now. So fast and it's Friday already. Still can't get use to the waking up early though. Feels super cranky.

So, some description of my job. I'm an actuarial executive for now with an income of RM**** per month while expecting a salary increase in 2 months time. Yay! In the actuarial department, I'm under the Product Development team where by we manage the products of the company (will describe more of it when I'm more familiar with layman's term). I did the same job when I was doing my intern in Prudential a year ago (they didn't want to hire me back I think. Poor me!) whereby I did loads of product error and quotation program error checking. These few days I've been doing the same thing! You can say that I just love to find fault with everything. Can't sit around quietly and comply with the order. Besides being a find-fault type of person, I had a few general tasks (not photocopying stuffs. Thank god!) that is to do with technical calculations regarding some new and old products! I'm only describing what I did so far in brief as I don't want to make everyone to fall asleep!

Now! For the funnier part! A year ago, while I was doing my intern, I mentioned I was in the Product Development team as well. The thing is, although I was in that team, I was assigned to sit in a different place! My cube was situated with the Branding team which was like 2 rows of cubicles away! I'm an outcast! Damn! Back to reality and present time, the same thing happened! Although not as far as last time, I still sit differently from the rest of my team! People just hate me sitting next to them huh?! I actually sit across my current team but the area I'm in actually belongs to the non-actuarial part. I think it's something to do with claims. Not that I discriminate them but because I'm still new which makes me not to listen to any mp3s for now, I've been listening to investigations and confirmations bout claims made! Not sure what I'm talking about? I'm saying I'm listening to, "Siapa mati la? Kaki patah la. Cancer apa la?". Practically all the dreadful stuffs. Luckily I haven't gotten any nightmares yet!

Yet another "history repeats itself" sorta stuff is I was frequently exchanged into other teams during my intern sessions. I was transfered to the Finance for awhile, then to the pricing or valuation team (not too sure) for another period of time. And now, my GM called me into his room yesterday telling and apologizing to me saying that although during the interview he said he's gonna put me in the Product team but he'll need to change me to the Pricing team in 1-2 months time. This is because one of our colleague is leaving which leaves an empty spot in the pricing team. Seeing that I'm new (I'm not sure) and haven't really enter into a comfort zone for the Product team,I'm the best choice to replace him. He mentioned to me that he'll leave me under the guy (who's gonna leave) for him to teach me the necessary stuffs for his position. Not that I hate it to be transferred (I actually kinda like the Pricing team because somewhere in the word pricing, there's a tinge of coolness in it), but don't you all get the idea of me getting thrown around like a rugby ball? Anyway, hooray for me to be changed into a cool team (I think).

I mentioned in my last post that I have a new look and loads have been wondering how I look like. Like I said, I don't have any new pictures to post for now because my photographer has been busy to take a picture for me. Be patient ya! I know everyone's dying to see my good looking me!

Speaking of being vain here, I think I'm gonna write up on style and impression in my next post. Yee Ming had written something about these and has gotten quite a huge feedback from it. So, I'm just gonna hop along his footsteps and talk something related to it. Not that I'll follow exactly but something near there. Just wanna speak out what I think!

That's all the bitching from today!

See ya!

2 comments:

Wilson Liong said...

got lenglui?

~YM~ said...

let me fill in the blanks..
earning RM5860 per month with a soon to increase of Rm4840. Have another potential to multiply that figure in 2 years time. So, why wait gals. Grab him!

While stock lasts.


Keke. U mz pay me for the promo then..