CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Lazy writing

Said I wanted to post something with related to fashion or impression. A minute ago when this page was loading, I thought of just putting in "Screw it!" but now that I have started typing, I feel like crapping some out!

I'm vain. Not to say that I must look good all the time (well, maybe) but I'm somewhere near there. Am not the type of person where I can manage having everyone see my "morning look" when I just got up from my sleep. I don't go around getting the latest trend and branded (maybe a few here and there) stuffs but whatever I get, I do hope that it looks good on me so that it gives people a somewhat "OK" impression on me especially people that I mingled with.

The truth is, this apply to every single person who wears clothes. What we wear will have an effect on the others around us. We wear to portray our individual esteems. Should I mix with the "lala" which is very popular in certain part of KL, then my clothings will of course focus more on the Eastern block. If I'm off the simple casual group, my clothings would of course be simple and casual (duh...). What I'm trying to say is, we wear certain styles so that we can portray who we are and who we are with. Not to forget, it also enables us to be different from the rest of the world. There's bound to be different. Maybe in the tops we're wearing, the pants, the shoes or even the underwear!

No doubt, it's good that we wear to show we are and where are we but never go overboard! We dress to leave a vague impression on ourselves to others. We do not dress to leave a permanent impression to others. Our good buddy, Gautama said, "Always follow the middle path! Don't go either ends! If there's something in the middle path, walk through it and you'll start shining brightly like a superstar just like me." Anyway, the thing is, we (or maybe just me) judge people through first impressions a lot of the time. Should this person's first impression is bad, try all he/she wants but we wouldn't accept it. Should it be good, we'll wait till it's bad. It's just that! Usually, first impression starts from the eyes. Our eyes are in front of our big, empty head which let us to see first. The first thing that we "see" of people is their dressings! That's where we start our biased judgment on everyone. By the time that person starts talking or mixing around with us, it is like an appeal session of impressions going on by using our ears, nose, mouth, and brain. However, what we see first already left a strong impression on a person. If our first impression of the fellow is bad and we don't know him/her, then there's no way for an appeal.

Wanted to crap more but very lazy already! Until more!

See ya people!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

kinda speed read thru ur post but think i got the gist of it. what we wear depends on social norms as well..esp when u're stuck in a kampung..